Job categorie : Linguistic
About the Company
Alexa Translations helps many of the world’s largest and most prestigious professional services firms, financial institutions, asset managers and consumer product brands with translation solutions that elevate the way they do business.
About the Role
Alexa Translations is looking to add to its team an authority on legal and financial translation primarily focused on securities and legal marketing content and terminology.
Alexa Translations has been growing its presence in the legal and financial translation markets and is looking for a seasoned legal translation professional that is seeking a new challenge as the voice and leader of a legal translation practice. This role will have strategic input in personnel decisions and direct contact with clients. The Senior Reviser will play a key role in ensuring the highest quality delivery of our English into French legal/financial translation documents. In this role, the Senior Reviser will oversee the review of documents, to ensure accuracy and consistency of all translation as well as make decisions and recommendations as to the organization and the content of the French versions. The Senior Reviser will assist in supporting quality translation management infrastructure and repositories (Translation Memories, Term Bases, Glossaries etc.). The Senior Reviser will be responsible for all aspects of the management of the French Language Services (legal/financial) team, ensuring that the performance, capacity and overall skillset of team resources matches the business requirements.
- Revise (and translate as required) documents related to the securities industry, such as: memorandums, prospectuses, annual reports, financial statements, fund facts, circulars, et. AND legal marketing, such as: briefs, summaries, announcements, biographies, policies, etc.
- Revise and edit texts to ensure linguistic accuracy, quality and clarity. In essence provide the highest level of translation, revision and editing skills, with the ability to produce accurate, clear and stylistically appropriate translations and revisions
- Advise the project management team on the resources that are best suited and appropriately skilled to translate different subject matters and evaluate current resources and participate in the recruitment of new team members
- Advise and train translators on grammar, meaning, syntax, vocabulary, spelling, usage and style
- Participate in terminology work by building, adding, verifying and validating French terms in the database
- Stay up-to-date with developments in the area of CAT and terminology tools and provide regular feedback and recommendations for development and implementation
- Make informed linguistic and authoritative decisions regarding terminology, style and usage concerning the French language and the legal and/or financial discipline
- Assist the Manager of Operations in the preparations of processes, instructions and monitoring the quality of the translations to achieve desired efficiencies
- Use specialist online dictionaries, thesauruses and reference materials to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used
- Prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- Assist, when necessary, the PM team in evaluating project deadlines and requirements
- Support the linguistic team by answering questions relating to ongoing translation/revision/proofreading projects
- Ensure copy style, standard and guidelines and proofreading and editing final translated and edited documents
- Act as the primary point of contact during conference calls and meetings between the clients and the internal linguistic team
- When necessary, create and maintain personalized client profiles, general stylistic and terminology guidelines
Requirements / Desired skills
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication skills and cultural knowledge of source and target languages (English and French for Canada)
- A university degree in law
- In good standing with a Canadian bar association (an asset)
- Member of ACJT/CALT, OTTIAQ, and/or ATIO (an asset)
- At least five years’ experience in legal or securities translation.
- At least 2 years’ experience revising English to French for Canada translations.
- Excellent knowledge of the law and legal terminology, and strong legal research skills
- Excellent knowledge of the financial field and terminology
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in
- French and English, including proven ability to apply grammatical and technical rules in both language
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as have the ability to work well in a team and under pressure
- Strong analytical skills paired with demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills
- Prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and rigorous approach
- Positive attitude and a desire to work in a changing/growing environment that is client-oriented and fast paced. Positive spirit and attitude
- Strong MS Office, Adobe (PDF mark-ups) and CAT tool skills
- Ability to learn news skills and adapt to new processes and technologies